You want to do your bridesmaids’ a favor and find the cheapest bridesmaid dresses as possible for them. This can be a slippery slope however because cheap sometimes means you are leaving out quality. So it should be your goal to find cheap bridesmaid dresses that still look elegant and will hold up to normal standards. Here are 5 money saving tips to ensure you get great looking gowns and at affordable prices.
- When you decide on which bridesmaid dress to go with, be sure to ask your bridal shop about any available discounts or specials. You may be able to get some money off if you can get all of your bridesmaids to order them at the same time. If they don’t offer it to you, go ahead and ask them. It never hurts to ask, right?
- Shop online! It never ceases to amaze me the shear amount of wedding products on the internet. You may be able to find huge discounts on these bridesmaid dresses simply by ordering them through one of the many wedding websites that there are online. Search around to find the absolute lowest and cheapest bridesmaid dresses available.
- Let loose a little bit and allow your bridesmaids to find their own dresses. This way they can spend the amount of money that they have rather than be required to buy something that they may not be able to afford. So what if they all have different colors and styles. This gives the girls the options to choose from a strapless sweetheart neckline, floor length dress, plus size dress, or a beautiful sating bridesmaid wedding dress. The choice would be theirs to make…if you would allow them the option. Most weddings are pretty strict, but you may be able to let loose a little bit.
- Find a local seamstress or someone you know to make the bridesmaid dresses for you. Any fabric you can think of can be bought at your local fabric stores. Even the high price designer dresses that no one can afford can be made with the same material at a fraction of the price. If you choose to go this route, you will need plenty of time to give the seamstress time to create the dresses and make all of the necessary alterations and adjustments for each bridesmaid. But this might be the cheapest and most unique route to go with your bridesmaid wedding dresses.
- Buy individual items separately. This means when you have your bridesmaids order their dresses that to inform them that they should order their gloves, shoes and extra accessories from somewhere else. When the bridal shops sell these items to be included with the cheap bridesmaid dresses, you will often have to pay much more for these items than you would by just going down the road to a local department store and finding them there.